Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nerves

I think I am a pretty nervous person, in some situations. I thought it might be related to my previous employment situations (see post from yesterday), but now I think it's more likely an ingrained personality trait.

I am a terrible cuticle- and hangnail-chewer. Terrible. It doesn't help that I have the World's Driest Skin on my hands. And when I am nervous about something (or a couple of somethings...) my fingers automatically go to my mouth. I hate it, I know it looks awful and unprofessional, and I have a heck of a time stopping. I managed to for our wedding...not sure why that worked when it hasn't so many other times.

I mean, I'm a health care provider, for heaven's sakes. I know just what germs and nastiness are on my hands (even after I wash them). It's frustrating to me that I can't just stop this behavior.

Right now I am nervous about the email I just sent to my old boss, replying to her snarky comment from yesterday. I'm also nervous about a meet and greet tonight, which might give me some leads on part-time jobs. I'm anxious about whether we should do any home improvements this year, or whether we should just count our blessings (thank you, tax refund) and wait. I'm nervous about the talk I have to give Saturday morning. I could go on, really, I could.

Chew, chew, chew...

No comments:

Post a Comment